Windmill Restoration May 2007

After obtaining various quotations for the scaffolding we decided to use JED scaffolding, a local company we had used previously on various projects. As promised, JED arrived on time and within a matter of weeks the scaffold was up.

The next few weeks were then spent hacking out and re-pointing the main tower. Considering its age, the stonework, other than the very top 450mm, was in very good condition. Obviously all the timber lintels had been burnt in the fire, so Oak replacements were sourced from C & G Barrett, a local sawmill. New steel beams and timber joists were craned in from above to match the position and dimensions of the long gone floors.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.