Llancayo Windmill is a recently renovated luxury self-catering holiday retreat situated approximately two miles north of the former market town of Usk in Monmouthshire. The mill was built in 1813 and destroyed by fire around 1830 and until a few years ago had stood as a ruin.
Usk is conveniently located in the centre of Monmouthshire and the town itself has a castle, a rural life museum, the sessions house, a collection of old houses, a variety of restaurants, shops, public houses, hotels and other amenities associated with a vibrant rural town. Usk is also famous for its fishing and successes in the Wales in Bloom and Britain in Bloom competitions.
This holiday at glance
- Sleeps twelve guests.
- Six bedrooms, four en-suite shower rooms and one family bathroom over three floors.
- Enclosed garden and open balcony on the first floor.
- Gas underfloor heating.
- Onsite parking.
- One well behaved dog welcome (small additional charge), kept to the ground floor please.
- Due to the property being five storeys high, guests with mobility difficulties and parents of toddlers and young children should be aware of the many steps and the open balcony.
- Sorry, no stag or hen parties.
- Catering is available by separate arrangement.
- Fly Fishing is available on the nearby River Usk. Purchase a licence from Sweets the Fishing Tackle Shop in Usk tel no: 01291 672552.
- Minimum of a three night stay.